Monday, 18 May 2015

Priority List!

We all make these at some or the other point in our life! We make to do lists for work, uni assignments, exams schedules and lots more..
Some make these lists occasionally, some rarely and some like “The Confused Gyani” Everyday!!! I am obsessed with making to do lists, and I even make multiply ones.. I hope I am not the only crazy one. (LOL!!)

But todays question is.. What is on the top of our priority list of your life? Is it our personal.. deep down desires of the heart?? Probably work, family, our siblings and friends.. and many other random people. It’s a good thing to prioritize the important people of your life.. to give then the due importance they deserve!

But what about you? Where do you put yourself on your LIFE’S PRIORITY LIST? Usually after family, work, studies, money, debt, friends and so on.. the list never ends. This may come as a shock to you.. but it’s a fact.. we have forgotten to prioritize ourselves! 



Now, lets think logically for a second! If we don’t value ourselves enough, how do we expect others to give us the importance we deserve? We cannot justify that! So people continue to treat you, as you treat yourself! If you put yourself as the last priority on your own list.. people tend to pick that up and imply it back at you.

All the important people we come across in life, and give them that importance or respect is because that’s how they treat themselves. It moves in a cycle, you give yourself the due importance, and everyone around will respond with the same!

Now.. confused how to do that? Don’t really know? Not a problem.. begin with the small things.. pamper yourself.. because you earned it! Don’t feel guilty about it! Go for a relaxing spa, indulge in a hobby or activity? I know Indians love to play cricket, meet up on weekends and play cricket with your friends.. no matter how old you are.. whether 25 or 65! Its not about being good at the sport.. but its about enjoying yourself and making yourself happy! Give yourself the time and importance.. meditate to connect with yourself again, take up a new art, new language.. new something new.. dust the dirt off your life.. get out of  the monotony. For a change, stop cooking what your family wants, and for a change cook what you desire.. Plan a day with yourself.. go out, explore, have new experiences. Learn to enjoy your own company and then others will enjoy too!



So, get started.. Make a priority list, if you haven’t made one yet! And put yourself as NUMBER ONE! List down at least one activity a day, which makes you, feel happy and content! And soon, you will experience the change in everyone around you as well!  


Please leave a comment below! And let me know whether you liked this week’s post! Please let me know, what other topics you’ll would like to hear on! And please share your experiences.. Do let me know, what comes on your priority list? and where do you rank yourself?? Any suggestions for the next post and comments are welcome!


Also, I apologize for not being soo regular with my blogs! I will make sure that my blogging comes NUMBER TWO on my priority list now. LOL ;p


5 comments:

  1. Thanks Jenny for the reminder of making myself as number 1!! Thank u.. Great article..!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ms gyani. Once again you have written something very close to my heart. Every year I take up a new sport or hobby. This year it is paddle surfing and bikram yoga. This gives me a sense of achievement and takes out the monotony of life. Happy blogging .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hv experienced this thing but never realised it... Your blog made me realize that whn i care for myself others care for me... Whn i believe in myself others believe in me.. Nice blog dear.. Keep it up...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny i suprised that u wrote so nice & beautiful thought that will make to plan the priorities first at early morning to do list. Yes i will myself as first priority, give time & importance & learn to enjoy life. I think u wrote nice blog..... keep it up it inspires us......Thank u...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny i suprised that u wrote so nice & beautiful thought that will make to plan the priorities first at early morning to do list. Yes i will myself as first priority, give time & importance & learn to enjoy life. I think u wrote nice blog..... keep it up it inspires us......Thank u...

    ReplyDelete